Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Weekend Recap

Here are a few pictures of how our weekend went in the Hermogenes household. Baby feedings, pumpkin doughnuts, salt dough keepsakes, play time and bath time.

I can not get over how big our little baby is already, almost 6 and 1/2 months.  Sitting up all by himself without nose diving into the floor every other minute. However, instead of nose diving into the floor, now he nose dives onto the spoon.  You can't get the food in his mouth fast enough!




Daddy playing choo-choo train with baby food. Rocco readily anticipating. 
(I need to post a video of this routine. It's just too cute watching them)


I'm getting the stare down because I've got the camera.  Oh, I was also busy making pumpkin doughnuts. He probably saw me tasting the batter.  You can not get anything by this boy. Seriously.




Here are my finished pumpkin doughnuts and doughnut holes. 





 Rocco playing on the floor with daddy and Dinky.  I think Rocco was pretending to be a bull.  All Dinky wanted was that little orange toy by Roc's foot.  
Oh, please don't judge Roc's outfit, Daddy dressed him. ;)



 Ooooh...nice doggy.  These two are still trying to figure each other out.




I have been wanting to make Salt Dough keepsakes of Rocco's not-so-little baby feet and hands.  I'm so happy I finally got around to making them.  They turned out great so far...still waiting for them to completely dry. 




 The hands were definitely not a one person job especially for my son.  But I just love this before moment between him and daddy. 



 My baby's beautiful handprints before I popped them into the oven to bake.

If anyone is interested in making salt dough keepsakes, ornaments, etc. Here is the recipe I used: 
http://theimaginationtree.com/2010/10/salt-dough-handprints.html





 Belly time! Just trying to encourage a little bit of crawling. Rocco usually just looks like a fish out of water.  We will get there in due time.  But its fun watching him get excited. 


 Rocco and Sophia in between sneak-attack licks to the face. 




Oh bath time, how we love thee...Rocco used to scream bloody freakin' murder at bath time in his first two months but now he can not get enough! 



Of course Dinky is there to watch him the entire bath.  I believe Dinky was traumatized those first two months with Rocco screaming at bath time and now believes the bath is going to eat Rocco up.  He seriously will not leave his post on the side of the bathtub.





After bath. 
This is our new "thing."  Putting his delicious toes in his mouth. 
It's making diaper changing time hard however.




Oh, this is another new "thing" we are trying out this week.  We are using his bedside co-sleeper (that he never used but twice btw), and converted it to be used as a little play area for him, so I can attempt to get a few chores around the house completed. 


So as you can see pretty much everything revolves around Rocco these days.  And it is so much fun!  


xoxo - Christy

1 comment: